Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
At the core of our product is a financial incentive: we incentivize patients to visit top-performing providers by reimbursing them for their out-of-pocket expenses when they do. The Payments & Claims team is responsible for building a verticalized payment ecosystem for delivering Garner’s incentive quickly and reliably, across a range of payment rails.
What you’ll do
You’ll be given wide-ranging responsibility to build and shape our payments and claims ecosystem, including our member-facing reimbursement experience, claims adjudication system, internal operational tools, and debit card product.
You’ll work on projects like designing algorithms to automatically substantiate debit card transactions; automating information extraction from member-submitted documentation; and building a solution for Garner to integrate with health savings accounts.
- Develop a deep intuition for what is important to our users—members, internal teams, administrators—and use that to drive your roadmap and help shape the overall product strategy
- Drive new feature development from start to finish: from ideation, requirements gathering, documentation, product development, launch and iteration
- Define what success looks like, ensure we have the data in place to measure progress, and rally the team around what winning looks like and how we get there
- You have 4+ years product management experience
- You have software engineering or data science experience, and/or a computer science or engineering degree, and are comfortable with SQL
- You’re a highly autonomous self-starter, and thrive when you’re given ownership of hard, unscoped problems
- You’re an insatiable learner, with a track record of entering a large, complicated domain and obsessively becoming the content expert upon whom others rely
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, able to communicate your vision and drive execution on the immediate team and with stakeholders across the companyYou are extremely analytical, and insistently use data to shape your product intuition and decisions
- You have experience building financial products
- You have experience working with healthcare claims and eligibility data
- You have built or managed large-scale data systems
The target salary range for this position is: $150,000 - 175,000. Individual compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.