Garner is a technology company that helps employers manage healthcare costs by matching their employees with the highest quality doctors in their local community. We use our proprietary doctor quality ranking algorithms, consumer-friendly engagement tools, and innovative financial incentives to lower out-of-pocket spending for employees while saving employers 10% or more on overall plan costs.
The company is led by former Oscar Health leadership, has secured funding from top-tier venture capital firms and is growing rapidly.
We’re looking for an ambitious Data Product Manager to join our team. This individual will help us improve our proprietary algorithms that rank individual doctor quality. These algorithms are a key component of the company’s product that significantly decreases healthcare costs while improving clinical outcomes.
Garner is headquartered in NYC, but this position is also available for individuals who are comfortable with remote work within the US.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Maintain and improve our algorithms: Work with Garner’s data team to conduct deep research to measure the quality and efficiency of doctors (e.g., reading academic literature, talking to clinical experts, and digging into our claims data). These insights will be put into production quickly and help to prioritize our data product roadmap
- Deliver insights: Conduct analyses to understand how users are engaging with our product. Build dashboards to provide insights at scale. Dig into the data to solve ad-hoc member requests
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 1+ year of experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g., product, consulting, banking)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude to learn new technologies and tools quickly. Experience with performing complex data analysis to drive business insight
- Experience with healthcare or medical knowledge is a plus
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- The ability to think in principles and frameworks to understand abstract problems. The ability to break down complex problems into manageable components
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system