Garner is a technology company that helps employers manage healthcare costs by matching their employees with the highest quality doctors in their local community. We use our proprietary doctor quality ranking algorithms, consumer-friendly engagement tools, and innovative financial incentives to lower out-of-pocket spending for employees while saving employers 10% or more on overall plan costs.
The company is led by former Oscar Health leadership, has secured funding from top-tier venture capital firms and is growing rapidly.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our team. This individual will help us improve our proprietary algorithms that rank individual doctor quality. These algorithms are a key component of the company’s product that significantly decreases healthcare costs while improving clinical outcomes. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record in building and deploying complex analytics.
Garner is headquartered in NYC, but this position is also available for individuals who are comfortable with remote work within the US.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with Garner’s data team to conduct deep research and understand how to measure the quality and efficiency of doctors
- Architect and write high-quality code that will process claims data and derive scores for individual doctors
- Administer databases and data pipelines in a quickly evolving system
- Run ad-hoc analytics to demonstrate the value of the company’s product to customers
- Build business intelligence tools to support other company functions
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2+ years of continuous professional experience in an elite and fast-paced work environment with a track record of authoring complex analytics.
- A demonstrable ability to write sophisticated code in Python and SQL for production systems. Bonus for experience with data architecture.
- Strong conceptual thinking: the ability to understand complex systems and think in frameworks.
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system