Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry.1 We’re focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is driven by competitive, innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
1 Based on LIMRA reports for companies with more than $250 million in annual sales, 2012-2016
The Security Analyst will specialize in Information Security Risk, Third Party Risk and Security Controls Compliance efforts and will be part of a broader group under the office of the CISO. This role will be responsible for the review and implementation of Information Security Controls, and the development of procedures in support of company policy. They will develop solutions and processes that further the goals of the organization while ensuring the protection of our Company’s information. This role will work closely with the Legal, Compliance, Vendor Management, HR, and IT teams in the development of a comprehensive controls program and be a member of the Information Security team.
- Proactively identify and develop solutions to data security issues by working with multiple teams including Compliance, Legal, HR, IT and vendors
- Effectively communicate security needs and business requirements to stakeholders
- Foster a strong relationships with IT leadership and process owners
- Perform risk based analysis on proposed projects, third parties, and issue resolution implementations to assist management in making appropriate decisions in support of the Company’s risk appetite.
- Assist in creating and enforcing information security policy, standards, controls and procedures
- Promote security education and awareness
- Test implemented controls and perform risk assessments based on established frameworks and internal policies
- Provide response and action plans in the event of a data security threat or issue.
- Other duties as assigned
- Certified CRISC, CISM, Security+ or relevant experience
- Experience working with security frameworks (HIPAA, COBIT, NIST, ISO etc.)
- Working experience in IT Risk Assessments
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Ability to constantly prioritize and change or adapt to ambiguous situations Associates Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant work experience and training.
- 2 or more years of information security experience.
At Global Atlantic, enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, with a focus on pay equity and flexibility. We are proud to support work/life balance with flexible work arrangements that meet individual and business needs. A casual dress code, above-average paid time off, parental and military leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement are just a few of the extra perks that make Global Atlantic a great place to work. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs. In Des Moines, we actively partner with Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa, Make a Wish, and United Way. Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels like they can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. We encourage qualified applicants from all demographics to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.”