The Opportunity – Copywriter, Direct Response
You’re an expert at creating direct response copy that sells. Focused less on brand campaigns, your primary goal is to help drive acquisition results.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Acquisition you’ll take on projects from ideation to completion, striving to ensure that the work you produce is on brand, engaging and drives business results. You thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for crafting results-oriented prose. While you are confident enough to stand by your work, you are also open to feedback and can iterate on your ideas to produce an outstanding finished product.
What you'll do:
- Understand everything FreshBooks and persuasively communicate our offerings to middle and bottom funnel prospects
- Work directly with the Acquisition team to nurture qualified leads through trial
- Work collaboratively with other content and copy leaders to ensure consistency and quality
- Produce straightforward but persuasive copy delivered in-app, through emails and landing pages written in the FreshBooks voice that supports our brand identity and drives results
- Participate in campaign ideation, serving internal stakeholder needs while upholding copy quality
- Work cross-functionally with all pillars of the marketing department with a primary focus on acquisition
- Stay current to provide an insightful perspective on Direct Response trends, innovations and competitive landscape to assist in creating marketing campaigns to ensure your copy is relevant at all times
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience developing compelling copy, CTAs and Direct Response Campaigns; 1+ years in an advertising or marketing agency preferred
- Experience working with lean UX / product teams
- A proven track record of working on cross-functional teams
- Know how to write with attitude and technical precision (SEO, persuasiveness) – from a web page to a CTA, everything not only flows, but sings
- Solid working knowledge of marketing and advertising principles with focused experience in writing for the web
- A strong ability to comprehend and communicate business and accounting concepts simply
- Experience writing for a B2B audience with SAAS website experience considered an asset
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.