FreshBooks is seeking a Team Lead for our Dev Tools team focused on engineering efficiency and our dev ops initiatives. This means improving the way we develop, build, test and ship software, starting from the developer's machine all the way through to code in production. If you enjoy working with containers, release pipelines and automation of all things, this is the role for you. You'll be working with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins and AWS. You'll also be responsible for evaluating new technologies that could improve our environments and pipelines, and rolling that out within the organization.
As a Team Lead a key part of your job will be to mentor and grow the engineers on your team who will report to you. You should be comfortable observing, listening, and giving and receiving honest feedback.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 4 engineers as a coach, mentor and leader
- Actively contribute to projects that make taking code from a laptop to production seamless and enjoyable
- Partner with development teams to surface improvements in their ability to ship timely with confidence
- Partner with platform teams (Ops, web, mobile) to identify tools that may improve alerting, monitoring, logging and security
- Communicate changes (e.g. new tools, new processes) and provide training to developers
- Respond to internal outages concerning pipelines and pre-production environments
- Explore technologies and solutions that further the team’s mandate
- Measure your team’s impact through quantifiable metrics
- Document the tools your team builds so that developers can self-serve and attempt first-level troubleshooting
What you have:
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- Several years of full stack development experience
- Ability to identify high-leverage projects and prioritize the team’s backlog
- Track record in architecting and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Intimate knowledge of source control, deployments, automated builds, config management, containerization, infrastructure monitoring and log management
- Transparent and egoless in your communication when it comes to ideas, progress and concerns
- A selfless nature that urges you to help the team at large.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, fully paid benefits from day 1 and closed between Christmas and New Years
- RRSP matching program, and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.