We’re looking for a Scrum Master to join our enthusiastic group and help lead one of our Scrum Teams.
As Scrum Masters at FreshBooks, our mission is to transform groups of individuals into cohesive teams and be the catalyst towards high-performance. We build positive team environments so that team members can thrive and collaborate with one another. We ensure that Scrum, a process framework for our teams, is followed so teams can plan and coordinate effectively. We facilitate the process of effective and purposeful discussions, so Team members can focus on the quality of the content, and we drive follow-through on actions.
Our team of Scrum Masters love working at FreshBooks because we're an all-agile company with buy-in and support at all levels. We even go beyond and experiment with using Agile outside of Product Development, creating productivity and communication wherever we go. You won't have to advocate for Agile - you'll go straight into building a high performing team doing the best work of their lives.
Specifically, this position includes:
- Developing your Agile team into a high performing team
- Helping the team stay focused & organized
- Making the team’s work visible to the team and to stakeholders
- Ensuring the Agile Scrum processes are followed when appropriate, and ditched when necessary
- Using metrics like Team Velocity, Project Burn-Up, and Cycle Time Charts to help your team predict their work and measure improvement
- Driving agile and software engineering processes such as OKR and Milestone Planning, Quarterly Team Health Checks, and Hack-Offs
- Finding unique ways to raise team morale (games? field trips?)
- Working closely with other Scrum Masters, elevating each other’s skills
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- Experience as a Scrum Master (1-5 years)
- A genuine passion for Agile
- A technical background in or understanding of web and/or mobile software development
- Experience developing high performing teams
Why join Product Development at FreshBooks?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help shape how we build software in a world-class start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
Does this sound like it might be worth exploring more? Submit your application today, and our friendly recruitment team will be in-touch shortly.