FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Financial Reporting Manager
Reporting to the Controller, you will be part of the Accounting, Reporting and Compliance Team. You will provide leadership to complete all external reporting. You will work closely with external auditors, tax consultants, and the senior executive team.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, including financial statement notes.
- Participate in drafting Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
- Implement financial reporting software to prepare quarterly financial statements and MD&A.
- Perform technical accounting analysis on topics including: US GAAP to IFRS conversion, revenue recognition, business combination.
- Assist in creating accounting policies and procedures.
- Review and implement internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies and accounting standards, as well as make continuous improvements to financial processes.
- Assist in month end close process.
- Support external tax consultants: provide information for income tax filings, transfer pricing studies.
- Liaise with external auditors.
What You’ll Need
- Must be a Qualified CPA, CA: Ideally with a minimum of +5 years of progressive accounting and reporting experience. Audit firm background is preferred but not mandatory.
- Public company experience.
- Strong knowledge of either IFRS or US GAAP.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong skills in communicating, presenting, and writing, as well as the ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Advanced abilities with Excel.
- Knowledge of Netsuite and mySQL are assets.
- Superior analytical skills and a quick study.
- A strong sense of ownership, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com