FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Based in Toronto, Canada, and known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity - Research Operations Specialist
At FreshBooks, we put the customer above all else. As we scale, we are looking for a specialist to elevate research operations across FreshBooks and enable product and marketing teams in their research activities and output. Reporting to the Director, Marketing Strategy Insights, you will be our first dedicated research operations hire!
User, customer and/or market research is embedded within product teams who incorporate customer insights throughout the agile development process. Likewise, our marketing and sales professionals rely on insights to drive customer awareness, acquisition, engagement and retention. Generally speaking, research underpins the way we identify, evaluate, prioritize and act on all opportunities to help grow FreshBooks.
What you’ll do:
- Organize qualitative & quantitative research projects
- Recruit, engage and manage customer research panelists
- Prepare & analyze market research data
- Organize & catalogue existing research
- Manage and route insights requests
- Act as a resource for teams for best practice information on research methods, recruitment strategies and synthesis
- Analyze and improve research processes across teams
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in research with operations responsibilities in a product company or service design context
- Associate degree or above in psychology, human computer interaction or related field
- Experience coordinating and advancing research projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to efficiently organize information and knowledge for self-serve access
- Ability to manage, prepare and present research findings to diverse stakeholders
- Experience building, managing and engaging customer and market research panels
- Creativity and pragmatism to recommend the right method for the job
- Superb communication skills: active listening, expressing yourself clearly in writing and in person, and facilitating with ease
- Basic proficiency with SQL and data tools to create dashboards and segment lists of participants for research
What we can promise you:
- We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team, just talking to customers
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to help us scale the impact of insight across our organization
- Commitment and belief in research; this is an opportunity to contribute to an operation where data and research matter more than opinions
- A great work experience. Top tier benefits, plenty of fun and quirk, family friendliness and co-workers who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.