FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Based in Toronto, Canada, and known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity - Associate Product Designer (3 month contract)
Looking to get hands on experience at a fast growing company with a big mission? Join us as an Associate Product Designer and help shape the user experience for small business owners across the globe.
In this role you will ‘learn by doing’, collaborating closely with our world class product and design team and contributing to every stage of the design process, from research to prototyping and usability testing. Along the way you will be supported and mentored by our team of passionate and experienced designers.
Specifically in this position, you will:
- Grow your UX craft through hands-on design and prototyping across a variety of initiatives
- Seek to understand our customers’ needs and goals through research
- Collaborate closely with developers and product managers to execute extraordinary experiences
- Contribute to our design standards and patterns
- Communicate design decisions and rationale to peers and stakeholders
- Apply user-centered design approaches to iterate on designs
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- The fundamentals of design thinking and usability
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A passion for the “why” of design, as well as the “what”
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
- The ability to test hypotheses through prototyping and an iterative process
- Associate degree or equivalent in user experience design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent
What we can promise you:
- An incredible growth opportunity; this is an opportunity to learn from experienced professionals while making a real difference for small business owners all over the world
- Hands-on training and mentorship
- Commitment and belief in user research; this is an opportunity to contribute to an operation where data and research matter more than opinions
- A great work experience. Plenty of fun and quirk, family friendliness, and co-workers who take pride in their work without ego, all in one of the most unique work cultures out there
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
Please apply with your resume, as well as an online portfolio that demonstrates how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.