FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Software Engineer
FreshBooks is seeking talented technical leaders and influencers to join our Developer Experience team. The Software Engineer will be focusing on building libraries, best practices, tools and back-end systems that will be used by other engineers working on product features. If you’re looking for an environment where you can continue to develop your craft, explore new technologies, and have a larger contribution, we’d love to chat with you!
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience in web application development
- Experience working in Python or Ruby on Rails
- Working experience using MySQL
- Have some experience or knowledge building API for microservices and investing in architecture setup
- A strong understanding of test-driven development
- Have experience in deploying applications into Production
- Knowledge or experience in CI/CD and automated build pipeline
What you might have:
- Experience in DevOps and service ownership
- Strong pair programming or mob programming skills
- Experience using tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with Cloud services like GCP or AWS
- Experience with Redis/ElasticSearch and/or RabbitMQ
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eye’s laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.