FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, with offices in Raleigh, Amsterdam and Zagreb, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Finance Manager
In this role, you will provide strategic financial planning and insightful performance analysis. You will identify, define, and benchmark key performance indicators to drive a culture of accountability and drive business insight. You will also build strong relationships with the senior leadership team to ensure alignment and operational excellence against our near and long term objectives. Please keep in mind that we are also open to this role being in a Senior Manager capacity.
What You'll Do:
- Managing (for a key segment of the business) the forecast, budget, strategic plan, profitability analysis and financial systems integration
- Owning and evolving the corporate financial model for the company for purposes of evaluating business sensitivities, funding requirements, and potential fundraising
- Participating in the evaluation of proposed acquisitions, business opportunities, identify risks and challenges, and prepare recommendations to the senior executive team in line with our value proposition and objectives
- Experience working with marketing, sales and product teams
- Developing and reporting on KPIs including variance meetings and the creation of management dashboards via SQL
- Developing Board and Investor presentations
- Drive negotiations and maintain relationships with operational partners
- Lead discussions on automation and scaling of various FP&A tasks and functions
What You'll Need:
- Experience in tech and other SaaS based business models
- Strong skills in communicating, presenting, and writing, as well as the ability to work well cross-functionally
- Post-secondary education in business, economics, or other related field along with your CFA or MBA
- A minimum of five years of progressive reporting and analysis experience
- Experience developing annual budgets, forecasts, and complex multi-year financial models aligned with strategic and operating plans
- Executive level communication experience including reporting, presentations, etc
- Previously experience managing direct reports
- Bonus for investment banking experience
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.