FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Marketing Operations Specialist
FreshBooks is hiring a Marketing Operations Specialist within the Lifecycle Marketing team who will support the email and digital direct channel deployment (including, but not limited to, email, notifications, and in app messaging) and customer relationship management (CRM). You will execute on campaign-level omni-channel plans (E-mail, InApp, etc) and will support the FreshBooks’ Internationalization effort by building campaigns for customers across specific international markets.
What you’ll do:
- Execute on campaign-level Omni-channel plans (e-mail, InApp, etc) in support of base marketing and internationalization team goals and objectives, helping to highlight any automation or process improvements
- Perform day-to-day email/direct channel program management through Salesforce Marketing Cloud including regular importing of subscriber/customer data and the set-up, testing and deployment of campaigns
- Develop HTML email templates and actively troubleshoot technical issues related to audience list segmentation and other aspects of execution (ie. reporting, optimizing).
- Actively participate in ongoing review discussions to provide input into opportunities for optimization
- Act as a CASL champion for FreshBooks, ensuring processes are CASL compliant, opt-in forms reflect approved legal language, all data requirements are met, and that the ongoing unsubscribe file is processed in-line with internal standards and documented processes
- Act as key advocate for CRM and advanced email targeting opportunities – bringing forward new automation abilities and highlighting any required data integrations
- Work with data teams to form different audience segments using existing data points, and ensure that data plans are closely aligned with internal long-term objectives
- Implement key automation tools provided by email and direct channel vendors and identify how to best drive advanced consumer experiences using personalization and triggered-based message approaches
- Measure results and optimize campaigns through A/B testing in order to improve open rate, deliverability, click rate, opt-out rate, conversion rate, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns
- Help support our CDP platform by working with our data operations team and marketing stakeholders
You will bring:
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology – Specifically Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot
- An excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS development
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and cross functionally.
- Genuine passion for continuous learning and professional growth
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- University or College Degree in Marketing, E-commerce or Online Media
- 2+ years digital marketing experience, specifically within data, email/CRM or personalization (Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a requirement)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work in an ambiguous environment
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.