FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - IT Specialist
As an IT Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the availability, scalability and performance of internal systems used by FreshBookers to create, maintain, and support our leading SaaS accounting application and support our amazing customers. You will collaborate with your teammates and our company at large to improve our office network, servers, teleconferencing, phone, email, desktop systems, and more. You’ll also join our on-call rotation.
Specifically in this position you will:
- Triage help desk tickets and walk-up requests, resolving some and escalating the rest to other team members
- Set up desktop computers, laptops, email and phones for new FreshBookers
- Diagnose and repair software and hardware problems on office/mac desktops and laptops running OS X and Windows Configure office network devices and troubleshoot wired/wireless network problems
- Assist internal customers with common GSuite issues or concerns
- Maintain and improve documentation on our internal IT process wiki
- Maintain inventory of hardware, licenses and accessories, requesting purchases when necessary
- Effectively communicate with internal customers and relay various methods to them to avoid future occurrences
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- You’ve done this before – you’ve had at least 2-3 years of operational IT experience preferably in a Mac environment
- Familiarity with command line languages (ba)sh, powershell, etc.
- Deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems
- The ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all the other parts of the business
- Familiarity with some of the software we use: CentOS, Puppet, Git and GitHub, Veeam, MySQL, Okta, Public Cloud Infrastructure, VMware VCenter, Avaya IPOffice, Ivanti, Active Directory, JIRA, Confluence, Zoom, Cisco networking
- A strong understanding of system interdependence
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience working in a SaaS company is a bonus
- A passion for customer service
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
Please apply with your resume, as well as an online portfolio that demonstrates how you frame user problems, design solutions, and test those solutions with users.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.