FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Digital Media Specialist
FreshBooks is expanding our digital acquisition team as we scale our marketing activity for growth. We’re looking for a Digital Media Specialist to join the team and help us manage agency and in-house activations of paid social and programmatic media campaigns, primarily focused on direct response.
We’re looking for a strategic doer who can manage both always-on and flighted campaigns to drive customer acquisition. This role requires experience with both paid social and programmatic media campaigns, preferably from the buy-side.
At FreshBooks we have an inclusive, positive, and fun work environment with competitive compensation and lots of great perks.
- Maintain agency relationships for paid social and programmatic media initiatives.
- Plan, forecast, and strategize on iterating existing activity as well as implement new programs to increase trials.
- Partner with in-house and agency analytics resources on the reporting and analysis of campaigns. Derive high-quality insights and bring them to life collaboratively across teams.
- Work with in-house and external creative resources on the creation and go-to-market for campaigns across formats (display, video, native, etc).
- Collaborate with in-house and agency website conversion resources to optimize landing page performance.
- Partner with our finance team to forecast media results from paid social and programmatic media budgets.
- Cross-collaborate with other departments and stakeholders on one-off or always-on paid campaigns to support other company initiatives (eg: recruitment ads, re-engagement ads, etc).
- Assist with brand campaign planning and execution.
- Coach internal stakeholders on the strategy, operations, and value of programmatic and paid social media.
- Present results to internal stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with industry news and trends and share knowledge in the digital marketing team.
- Work with managed service vendors where necessary for speciality campaigns not handled in-house or through our agency partner(s).
- 1-2+ years of experience running programmatic campaigns in DSPs such as Google DV360, AppNexus, The Trade Desk, etc.
- 1-2+ years of experience with paid social campaigns on Facebook. Experience with Twitter, Pinterest, Quora, etc also a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Campaign Manager (DCM), Google Analytics, and Google Marketing Platform stack.
- Experience with platform pixel management (eg: planning for and publishing adtech tags through a tag manager).
- Project management and collaboration skills.
Nice to haves
- Experience working on SAAS or other subscription-based accounts.
- Experience working with Customer Data Platforms, CRM systems, and/or DMPs.
- Familiarity with of Google Tag Manager, Google BigQuery, and Data Studio.
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Periscope, etc.
- Experience working on B2B marketing tactics (Account-Based Marketing is a big plus!).
- Experience activating campaigns using predictive modelling intelligence.
- Industry certification related to digital marketing.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Here at FreshBooks, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter on how we can meet your needs to ensure a fair and equitable selection process in a confidential manner.