FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Learning & Development Specialist
The Learning and Development Specialist will be the central point of contact for a variety of learning and development initiatives. Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Development the Specialist will support and enhance the organizational and administrative aspects of learning programs ensuring FreshBookers have a seamless learning experience. The Specialist has a high attention to detail and well-developed sense of service delivery with a 4E team-focused approach.
What you'll do:
- Maintains the training calendar and assists in coordination of all training events using tools such as the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Supports the External Education Request process, and manages tracking and allocation of program dollars
- Updates FreshBooks learning materials, including changes to job aids, PowerPoints workbooks, etc.
- Assists with preparing Learning and Development budget reporting documents & training metrics
- Prepare training materials in advance which may include; printing of workbooks, shipping materials and handouts
- Schedules and secures the use of internal or external facilities, including meeting rooms, computer equipment, training materials, and any food requirements
- Assists with the coordination of third-party learning vendors and facilitators
- Manages attendance records for in-person training sessions, shares course information with FreshBookers, distributes, collects and reviews survey feedback
- Facilitates FreshBooker training sessions as required
- Work on special training and learning projects as assigned
- Promotes a positive learning culture at FreshBooks
- 2-3 years training facilitation experience preferably within a learning or human resources department
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines and manage time wisely
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Advanced computer skills, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as GSuite applications including Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, Gmail
- Experience with a Learning Management System (LMS)
Why Join Us
We are a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.