FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003, but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
FreshBooks is growing and looking for a seasoned Program Manager to join the Product Development Team to support and manage the execution of product releases. You’ll be working across the organization with product release stakeholders to own and create end-to-end project or product release plans, track and communicate progress to the business. Your role is critical to ensuring we execute projects in a coordinated manner to achieve the business results we seek. The Program Manager also measures the effectiveness at delivering value to our customers, so that we can continue to refine and optimize our delivery practices. Additionally, you’ll help the business to plan and facilitate quarterly business reviews so that we can operationalize plans and ensure everyone at Freshbooks is aligned on our goals and their outcomes. In a nutshell, you’ll be helping FreshBooks to achieve significant business growth.
What you'll do:
- Create, own and be responsible for project plans that connect multiple teams to growth targets, as well as help to steer stakeholders and teams though our go-to-market processes
- Use your experience in program management to:
- Work with business units to pull together project plans into a consolidated product release plan or portfolio roadmap
- Track project deliverables and dependencies between business units
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to coordinate desired results
- Recognize and mitigate risks or issues and take corrective measures to resolve them
- Provide status and facilitates reporting of business impact with stakeholders
- Update program release plans based on outcomes and results, and communicate status
- Enable lead time, effort tracking and future project predictability
- Guide stakeholders and teams on our product release processes and methods
- Help improve our product delivery practices by leveraging lean thinking to identify wasteful activities or processes
- Participate in our QBR process to help operationalize plans and communicate goals and outcomes to FreshBookers.
What you have:
- Minimum of 6+ years experience helping businesses deliver products to market as a Program Manager preferably in agile work environments working with cross-functional teams and departments
- Strong program management skills:
- Versed in project management principles, approaches and frameworks
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Superb communication skills: exceptional in written communication, ability to speak with clarity and precision, and comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization
- Ability to conduct, lead and manage effective meetings
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and solution minded
- Extremely detail-oriented and process-driven
- Experienced helping to optimize and improve processes using Lean principles, techniques or tools is considered a strong asset
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or relevant discipline
- PMP or Lean Six Sigma certification are a bonus
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.