FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Product Marketing Manager
Supporting the Associate Director, Product Marketing, and focused on the core of FreshBooks’ products, you will lead both internal and external go-to-market execution.
With a focus on innovating the way we enable our FreshBooks teams to be successful, you will also develop marketing strategies that bring new and existing products to market. Best of all, you will become a FreshBooks product evangelist, bringing exciting product news to teams across our building!
Key to making this happen is developing and maintaining relationships with teams across FreshBooks. You’ll work closely with FreshBooks’ marketing lifecycle teams and channel owners, and enable them with the information and resources they need to develop and execute their plans.
You will love this role if you love building communication strategies, collaborating with others, and exploring new product marketing opportunities.
What you'll do: Product Marketing Strategy & Enablement
Build Product Marketing Strategy
For new major product initiatives you’ll assist in external and internal market & competitive analysis.
For feature launches, you will create/leverage customer insights, data analytics and research to develop a marketing strategy that includes the following:
● Market size and demand
● Monetization strategy (package placement)
● Defined segmentation, including user and buyer personas
● Product positioning including features and benefits
● Coordination with marketing lifecycle teams to define the tactics for bringing the product/feature to market For minor initiatives, you will:
● Identify gaps and launch constraints to be solved across all lifecycle teams and channels
● Help develop briefs and other artifacts to enable lifecycle teams and channels owners
● Work with the lifecycle teams and channel owners to ensure feature launches are executed as outlined in Product Marketing plans
For Major product launches, you will assist the Associate Director in efforts to enable lifecycle teams and channel owners.
Innovate Internal Enablement Strategy
● Create a strategy for internal awareness of and enablement for new products and features. This includes building frameworks for new forms of company communications such as newsletters, presentations, intranet sites, videos, information packages, shared calendars, etc.
Build Product Marketing Resources
● Using your creativity, design & marketing skills, you will translate product messaging into external marketing assets and internal enablement tools. This includes building assets such as product walkthrough videos, solution promotional material, and marketing kits.
Uncover New Product Marketing Opportunities
● Supporting product marketing go-to-market plans, you will explore new, strategic opportunities to reach customers with our product message. You will build business cases for investment in these opportunities.
Why we think you’d be a great fit:
You will love this role if you love building marketing & communications strategies, collaborating with others, and exploring new product marketing opportunities.
● Post-secondary education, with a focus on marketing, communications and/or business .
● 3-5 years of relevant work experience
● Have a consistent track record of successfully leading a team in defining, planning, positioning and launching products to market.
● Are a strategic thinker who can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and have the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
● You have a strong understanding of the importance of internal communication strategies and are excited by the potential to be creative and innovate the plan for FreshBooks.
● You have experience communicating a company’s or product’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers.
● You excel in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial, results-driven environment.
● You are organized, enthusiastic, and excited to learn.
● Would be a bonus if you have all or some of this experience: Data analytics, designing and building marketing assets.
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.