FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The opportunity – Analytics Manager – Lifecycle Marketing
We are looking for an Analytics Manager to join our growing team and manage the testing, reporting, analysis & general data needs as it relates to our Trial and Paying Customer experience.
The ideal candidate has a knack for distilling clean & clear solutions from complicated scenarios and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company. The Analytics Manager will work closely with leaders across marketing, sales & product to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They will ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures. The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of analysis, marketing operations and people management to solving real problems faced by our company and find opportunities for improvement across all aspects of the trial experience.
What you’ll do:
- Consult directly with internal clients to gather requirements and provide analysis:
- Understand the impact of business decisions and able to provide recommendations using the data
- Able to identify possible areas of improvement and drive change through working with multiple stakeholders
- Provide both short and long-term solutions; able to find optimal solutions to address both
- Organize and execute ad-hoc analyses by translating raw data into actionable insights:
- Identifying opportunities using data to drive business results
- Changes in trial usage behaviors (organically and due to marketing)
- Provide expertise on designing measurable tests
- Profiling and trending of customer segments
- Cohort based investigations tied to performance gains and losses
- Develop expert-level understanding of our businesses, data streams and industry positioning
- Communicate results and impacts of analyses to stakeholders
- Co-ordinate cross-functional projects (Marketing, PD, Support)
- Anticipate future demands (of stakeholders & team) and implement solutions to meet them
- Oversee the analysis & reporting request process: tracking requests, prioritization & review
What you have:
- 2+ years of experience in coaching, developing and managing a team
- Minimum of 5+ years of analytics experience dealing with customer data
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Comprehensive experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts increasing revenue and other key business outcomes
- Experience with reporting and integration tools (Periscope, Stich, Heap, Looker)
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of SQL & Python or similar
- Quantitative background with strong analytical skillset
Why Join Us
We're a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.