FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – HR Business Partner
Reporting into the Associate Director, Human Resources, you will be responsible for delivering on FreshBooks’ Four Es – Executing Extraordinary Experiences Everyday – for both our employees and the business. Your role will include workforce planning, employee relations, HR program deployment, compliance activities and advising/coaching our Leaders on developing and engaging a world-class team.
Specifically this position includes the following:
- Act as a coach and advisor to Business Leaders and employees (including Marketing, Support, Sales, Business Development, Strategy etc.)
- Provide support and counsel to all FreshBookers
- Support the development of HR programs and driving their deployment (i.e. Performance Management, Change Management, Compensation, Promotion, Organizational Development etc.)
- Partner with Business Leaders to develop a Workforce Plan which is consistently reflects the changing needs of the business and the internal/external talent pipeline
- Continuously assess current FreshBooks guidelines and either developing or updating as required
- Manage internal communication
- Handle and resolve sensitive employee issues and complaints
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- 6-8+ years progressive experience in Human Resources including 2 years dealing directly with Senior Leadership and extensive HR Business Partner expertise
- 2+ years in Software development or technology industries is required
- Systems expertise (HRIS/Payroll Platforms)
- Reporting and data expertise (Excel analysis)
- Strong consulting skills with a demonstrated ability to influence decision making and build consensus
- Relationship building skills to engage every level of an organization in a confidential and diplomatic fashion
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present confidently to large audiences
- You thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.