FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Site Reliability Engineer
This is a great opportunity to learn, grow and become a SME in cloud technology and be a key player on our infrastructure team. Join our growing organization and you will get the chance to be in the driver seat of innovation and change here at FreshBooks as we move into cloud technology and think about new ways to work and automate.
What you'll do
As a SRE you’ll be joining a team of mix background technologists. Our mandate is to provide flexible and stable platform solutions that empower our feature development teams to create the highest quality services for our customers. Day to day, we spend our developing, testing, and deploying reliability and resiliency features.
What you believe:
- A team can produce more than an any individual
- To write code is to own it for its entire lifecycle
- Progress over perfect
- Empowering your peers to self-serve is more fulfilling than being needed
- It’s ok to fail … as long as you learn from it
- Success should be shared and failure should be owned
What you have:
- You’ve done this before (even if you didn’t call yourself an SRE) – you’ve had years of experience in one of the following careers
- Continuous Delivery
- System orchestration
- Familiarity with some of the technologies we use: Ansible, Apache, AWS, Capybara, Elasticsearch, Ember.js. GCP, Git, HAProxy, Jenkins, Kubernetes, MySQL, Nginx, Python, RabbitMQ, Redis, Terraform
- Experience writing and maintaining infrastructure-as-code
- Programming skills - you solve problems with code.
- Experience running code in production on public cloud resources
- A deep curiosity that motivates you to keep on top of technical trends and informs your ability to suggest tools and approaches to interesting problems.
- The ability to empathize with and communicate clearly to all the other parts of the business.
- Experience & Interest working within a service ownership model
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, fully paid benefits from day 1 and closed between Christmas and New Years
- RRSP matching program, and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company off-sites, hack offs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.