FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity - Contract Recruiter (6 months)
The FreshBooks Recruitment team is growing again! In this role you will manage an exciting full-cycle recruitment desk and partner with leaders across our organization in an effort to uncover, attract and hire top talent. If you are a process-driven, analytical and entrepreneurial recruitment professional who is passionate about their career, has top-notch communication skills and loves building new relationships; read on!
What You’ll Do
- Manage end-to-end technical and non-technical recruitment initiatives including hiring manager intake sessions, job postings, candidate sourcing, resume screening, phone interviews, scheduling, feedback solicitation, candidate communication, offer negotiation, onboarding and more
- Employ a multi-channel approach towards candidate sourcing (i.e. creative & social sourcing, online and offline events, meetups, job fairs, direct sourcing)
- Build candidate pipelines for future growth, especially in areas like Software Development, Sales and Product
- Continually build a strong presence with universities and colleges & manage the company co-op program
- Build influential relationships and credibility with candidates, colleagues, hiring managers and executive team
- Advise the organization on recruitment best practices
- Coach interviewers in effective screening, interviewing and talent selection techniques
- Document all activity in the ATS and continually improve ATS systems & efficiencies
- Diligently follow up with candidates and clients
- Promote the FreshBooks employee referral program
- Host recruitment and employer brand events
- Produce detailed recruitment reports and work closely with the HRBP team to ensure headcount and hiring goals are aligned
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of experience working in a corporate recruitment environment, 5+ years preferred
- 3+ years of experience working for a software, hardware, technology services or similar product/high-tech focussed company
- Strong experiences sourcing top talent in areas like Software Development, Data Science, Product Management, Product Design and Sales
- University degree in Commerce, Industrial Relations, Information Technology or equivalent
- Passion for a career in Recruitment, interested in feedback & career development
- Courage, a strong sense of ownership, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen
- Strong experiences managing the end-to-end recruitment process for a high volume of reqs
- Creative sourcing/social sourcing skills & an ability to create a candidate pipeline from scratch using online and offline resources
- Experience managing a co-op program with Universities and Colleges
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional email and calendar management skills
- Detail oriented, flexible, helpful, professional
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.