FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Full Stack Developer – Digital (Marketing)
This is a unique opportunity join our marketing growth team from an engineering perspective, working with digital marketers and data scientists to drive growth at FreshBooks. You’ll learn hands-on about how customers are using FreshBooks and Freshbooks.com, collecting and helping to analyze the data we use to improve our product and acquire even more happy users. Along with a strong technical background, you have a passion for data, marketing, and exploratory research.
What we hope you have:
- 5+ years professional experience working on high traffic client facing websites and customer focused applications
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile teams
- Experience with Python, Ruby/Rails, and PHP
- Experience with modern (S)CSS and HTML
- Familiarity with PHP templating engines, ideally Blade
- Understanding of MySQL or other relational databases: basic query syntax, optimizations etc
- Experience working with WordPress; developing plugins and working with custom themes
- Familiarity with task runners; Webpack and Gulp specifically
- Experience writing and working with REST APIs
- Experience with unit testing and code coverage
- Experience using GitHub, reviewing PRs, and merging branches
- Ability to work with Business Intelligence Tools such as SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Some experience or understanding of online marketing and online customer acquisition including Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager or interest in working with APIs, specifically Google (Analytics, Big Query, Search, Adwords), Facebook Ads, Bing (Ads, Search), and SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Appreciation and understanding of Big Data problems around volume, variety and velocity of data from a technical standpoint
- Ability to analyze data meaningfully to make informed business intelligence recommendations for the company
- Ability to work in an open environment and collaborate with teams across entire company and with other companies we may be working with who will likely be off-site
You may also have:
- Docker, Ansible, Puppet, and experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS and similar development technologies
- RabbitMQ and Celery experience
- Fastly/VCL experience
- Continuous integration and automated build pipeline experience
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.