FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a world-class online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Events & Community Manager
The Events & Community Manager will be responsible for helping to build an engaged online community in coordination with our events strategy, through influence in the planning, execution and measurement of FreshBooks events, tradeshows and partnerships. You will also use the social media tools we adopt to engage those contacts in meaningful and helpful conversation.
You are creative, energetic and are comfortable building relationships with key influencers and self employed professionals from all walks of life. You don’t shy away from the opportunity to network, and you know how to leverage those conversations to build and maintain a positive high profile for FreshBooks within our target markets.
Specifically, you will:
- Envision and design memorable and lasting experiences for customers and prospects consistent with FreshBooks brand
- Develop, propose and manage an event marketing plan including targeted tradeshows, social and customer events
- Coordinate with the broader marketing team to integrate events and sponsorships into the marketing strategy
- Generate high ROI for tradeshows and events measured by generated qualified leads, sales feedback and closed deals
- Build and maintain existing industry connections with clients, sponsors, and partners to leverage these connections in order offer exceptional value to our customers.
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- Minimum of three to five years of measurable success planning outstanding events for thousands of customers that are not only unique and memorable but professional and polished
- Used social media tools such as Facebook and LinkedIn Groups to promote your company’s mission and engage customers.
- Experience in communicating a company’s unique value proposition to potential customers, partners and market influencers in a trade show environment
- Familiarity with brand strategies, lead generation and content integration across multiple channels
- Experience with excel in a fast-paced, collaborative, results driven environment
- Strong analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, health benefits from day 1 and extra days off (office is closed between Christmas and New Years)
- RRSP matching program and generous parental leave policy
- Weekly catered lunches, beer, and snacks
- Team and company offsites, hackoffs, and paid community volunteer days and religious observance days
- Professional development opportunities and flexible work schedules
- Office gym with showers and complimentary towel service
- Secure, indoor bike parking with well-stocked repair bay
- Ping Pong, Foosball, Massage Chairs, Nintendo Stations and more.
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
Sure, there are perks, but the real reason people are proud to work at FreshBooks is because each person knows their opinion is respected, and they can see the difference they make in the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about and have just as much of a life outside the office as inside—you're exactly what we're looking for.
We value our people...
We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have real lives, and respect work lifestyle balance. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company. We always make time for fun, and have one of the most unique, employee-led cultures out there. Join the FreshBooks choir or a class in the gym, organize a gaming night, teach a dev lunch and learn, or use a paid volunteer day to share your skills with the community. Salaries are competitive and compensation packages include stake in the company. Interested? Let’s get started!
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 email@example.com.