Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
About The Role:
Forter’s Director of Corporate Development will be active across all of our products sourcing, evaluating and executing on partnerships, acquisitions and investments to help Forter achieve its goals. This role will require partnering with business leaders across Forter to understand our product roadmap, key performance indicators and priorities, and a strong analytical mindset to identify inorganic opportunities to help meet and exceed these.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with business unit leaders across Forter to evaluate potential partnerships, acquisitions and investments aligning with company strategies
- Drive all aspects of a deal, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale and pitch, financial modeling and valuation, due diligence, closing and integration activities
- Build and implement the build / buy / partner strategy
- Partner with Finance, Accounting, Legal, HR, IT, Investor Relations, and Marketing on any potential or live transaction
- Stay current on broader industry developments Identify and qualify new ideas and companies for Forter from variety of sources
- Manage many concurrent projects while delivering high quality outcomes
What You’ll Need
- 4 year college degree. MBA preferred
- 7 - 10 years experience in investment banking, corporate development, venture capital, private equity, or management consulting
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Knowledge of global FinTech and adjacent financial services competitive landscape
- Strong personal initiative and good judgment; desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Advanced proficiency in the office suite primarily Excel, PowerPoint
- Alignment with Forters mission and core values
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 450 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous paid parental leave options
- Home office allowance
- Cell Phone/Wifi reimbursement
- Flexible PTO policy
- Half-day Fridays, every Friday
- Annual company-wide event - Forter Week
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.