Forter provides a new generation approach to meeting the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. From attracting and retaining the right shoppers by reducing friction and boosting consumer confidence across the entire purchase journey, to fighting sophisticated fraudsters and reducing chargeback losses, only Forter provides a fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ platform. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered detection and decisioning mechanism. Across all our client's sites, we have created a network of over 800 million buyer identities globally. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, Salesforce Ventures.
Overview of role
The Digital Marketing Manager arrives at Forter at a critical juncture. We’ve been growing FAST and we’re scaling our go-to-market to match our ambition. That requires a significant, increased investment in digital marketing.
You’ll inherit a relatively blank page, so you get to build. Specifically, you get to build your marketing stack; you get to build digital programs that are right for our business and reach our target audiences; and you get to (over time) build a team.
What you’ll be doing
We’re counting on the Digital Marketing Manager to rapidly mature our approach to all digital channels. You’ll be accountable for:
- Paid programs—experimenting and iterating SEO, SEM, paid social, display, content syndication and more.
- Website—participating in revisions to our corporate website that significantly improve search performance and user experience.
- Nurture—collaborating with colleagues on the creation of thoughtful, automated nurture programs (email, retargeting, etc.)
- Reporting—working with our marketing operations team to define the output metrics that matter and surfacing to company leadership on a defined cadence.
This is digital marketing in its purest form, with all the resources and support you need to experiment, scale and be successful. Your efforts will be aligned with:
- Campaigns—we’re clear on how we intend to position Forter in a competitive market; digital marketing must reinforce the 2-3 evergreen campaigns we are running to reinforce that positioning.
- Creative and content—we’ve got an excellent in-house team to help you craft the content and creative you need for your digital marketing programs to stand apart and drive results.
- Account-based marketing—we’ve got a well defined target audience (personas and accounts) and are increasingly adopting ABM practices; digital marketing provides critical aircover for all ABM efforts.
- Sales—we’ve got SDR and BDR teams on pins and needles for more qualified leads; they are enthusiastic partners in your efforts to experiment, iterate and scale.
What you’ll need
Digital Marketers will be high impact at Forter if they are:
- Experimental. You want to try new channels and tactics, and you know how to run controlled experiments to assess results (and then scale what works).
- Transparent. We’re a collaborative team, and we expect you to be open about what you’re focusing on, and to proactively share what is working and what is not with the wider marketing team so we can all learn together.
- Self-sufficient. You want to be hands-on and turn the knobs and dials of SEO, SEM, paid social, etc. Sure, you can scale through agencies in the near-term but you’re so darn passionate and pragmatic, that you’ll want to kick-off new programs.
- Builders. As covered above, our digital marketing efforts are early—we’re hiring you to build programs, your stack and (over time) your team.
This opportunity is going to appeal to Digital Marketers who have been part of a team where they were a disruptor … floating new ideas and kicking off experiments. You want to take the reins, show what you can do, and build out the function and team over time at a company that is going to be highly visible—and where digital marketing’s impact is going to be abundantly clear and valued.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.