Do you want to have an impact on a $1T industry?
Then you should consider joining Forma.ai!
Forma.ai is a Series B startup that's revolutionizing how sales compensation is designed, managed and optimized. We handle billions in annual managed commissions for market leaders like OpenTable, Stryker, and Autodesk.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We’re welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
About the team:
Forma.ai has a data platform growing in complexity, with internal and external APIs, and user interfaces for internal teams. We’re SOC1 and SOC2 compliant since we deal with sensitive customer data. This extra layer of security and process compliance is important for many of our infrastructure tasks.
The team itself works closely together by respecting, mentoring, communicating, providing constructive feedback, and instilling trust in one another. By doing so, we maintain a very functional team with minimal technical debt.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Manager of Cloud Operations, the Senior DevOps Engineer will continue to build our next-generation cloud infrastructure and world-class tools for our team. Like many startups, Forma.ai is at the beginning of our DevOps journey and looking for someone who’ll create a strong foundation on how we’ll scale.
In the past year, we have migrated fully to AWS, implemented CI/CD with GitHub Actions (Enterprise), automated security controls for AWS SSO account users, integrated monitoring and alerting with DataDog, and coded our infrastructure in Terraform. By joining the team now, you’ll help us reach our next stage of growth and engineer solutions that generate a high return for the business.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in cloud platform administration (strong preference for AWS)
- Experience developing and supporting CI/CD solutions to meet the requirements of an engineering team
- Experience with Linux and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Experience in the software development lifecycle
- Skills with programming internal tooling (preferably Python/Ruby)
- Knowledge of orchestration and/or configuration management tools (i.e., Terraform, Ansible Salt)
- Knowledge of performance and security practices for a web-based environment
- Ability to communicate technical product issues with disciplines across multiple teams
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Python, Django, Postgres
- Data Orchestration: Databricks/Spark, Dagster
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, GitHub Actions (Enterprise)
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful compensation. In addition to your base salary, you’ll join our employee stock ownership plan to further recognize your contributions to Forma.ai’s success
- Healthcare coverage. We have a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a paid parental leave program
- Learning and development. Access the resources you want to help you grow in your role by utilizing our $750 yearly training stipend
- Open communication. You'll get to participate in weekly, company-wide stand-ups to understand our organizational priorities better
- Growth. You’ll have a huge opportunity to build a career for yourself and gain the type of experience you’re looking for – whether that’s as an individual contributor or as a people leader
- Work well, together. We’re real. We have kids and pets. Mortgages and student loans. We’re in this together, so no matter how brilliant any one of us is, we always play nice with one another – no exceptions.
- Be precise. Be relentless. We believe complacency breeds failure, so we set new goals as quickly as we achieve them. We persist in the face of adversity, learn from our mistakes, and push each other to continuously improve. The status-quo is kryptonite.
- Love our tech. Love our customers. Our platform solves a very complex problem in a currently underserved market. While everyone at Forma isn’t customer-facing, we’re all customer-focused. Maybe even slightly customer-obsessed.
Our commitment to you:
At Forma.ai, we’re diverse by design. We’re committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to have a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We’ll work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of effort. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. There are many paths to a successful career and we’re looking forward to reading yours.
Please note all interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest.