In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The SEC Reporting Manager will be a key Accounting Department professional responsible for the preparation of management reports, investor reports and filing of SEC reports – Annual and Quarterly reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and other registration statement filings, as necessary. Incumbent will also assist in US GAAP research and documenting draft technical accounting memos, assisting in implementation of new accounting pronouncements, and Sarbanes Oxley compliance in related accounting areas. Will assist with the management of quarterly reviews and annual audits with our external auditors. The role will require your ability to communicate concisely and effectively and be able to inform all key stakeholders in the organization of the accounting and business implications of transactions, particularly those with limited or no accounting background. This role, while managing some external consultants and partnering with people across the company, is an individual contributor role and reports to the Sr. Director, Accounting.
- Manage and assist in the preparation of management reports and investor reports
- Manage and assist in the preparation of all SEC periodical and other reports (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K, etc.), including MD&A, financial statement footnotes
- Assist in XBRL tagging of financial statements
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, assist in the review and collection of comments on the various drafts; assist in the preparation of support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; assist in completing all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Assist in the maintenance of the quarterly reporting timetable and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones
- Assist with month-end close and financial statement review
- Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, FASB, PCAOB, or other regulations
- Assist in accounting research and drafting of technical accounting memos
- Assist with establishment, documentation, and maintenance of company accounting policies and procedures
- Provide support to internal and external auditors as required and ensure SOX compliance
- Assist in the preparation and review of:
- stock-based compensation
- equity accounting and rollforward
- capitalized software
- monthly/quarterly cashflow
- Earnings-per-share (EPS)
- debt accounting, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and rollforward
- Liaise with corporate departments – Legal, Tax, Treasury, Finance (FP&A) as needed
- Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including (but not limited to) new processes, procedures or system enhancements
- Responsible for 404 compliance for direct areas of responsibility and support overall 404 compliance
- Provide coverage for urgent, US time zone operational accounting requests in all areas of Procure to Pay and occasional journal entries required to expedite the financial close and reporting
- Responsible for Business Licenses, primarily consisting of liaising with a third party to provide updated company information upon request
- Special projects and ad-hoc reporting
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Mixture of Big 4 public accounting and private industry experience in a large, global public company; tech company experience (SaaS) is a plus
- 6+ years of relevant and progressive work experience - mix of Big 4 and public company experience required
- Comprehensive and current understanding of US GAAP, including recently issued accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting principles and regulations
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of issues coupled with exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Experience with Accounting research tools such as EY Atlas a plus
- Experience with NetSuite, Equity Compensation systems, XBRL and/or Workiva a plus
- Experience with XBRL tagging
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures—in a SOX environment
- Experience working through ambiguity to communicate clear accounting positions and operational solutions required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires mathematics skills, reading and comprehension skills, writing skills, communication with all levels in the organization
- Requires the ability to work self-directed including time management and the ability to multi-task concurring priorities
- Once offices reopen, the ability to periodically travel up to 10% (primarily to Bristol, England)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting
- CPA required
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.