In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The Role: The VP of Finance is responsible for planning, forecasting, financial reporting, budget reporting, financial modeling and strategic decision support.
This is a real opportunity to demonstrate the true effectiveness of business partnering, by adding commercial value and insight to the ForgeRock teams.
As the VP of Finance, you are responsible for setting the standards for financial business planning, forecasting, financial reporting, budget reporting, financial modelling and strategic decision support.
Partnering all key business leaders, you will be called upon to drive the financial strategy and concurrently be creating rigorous public company processes and systems that build a firm foundation for our accelerated growth plan.
We’re looking for both a strategic forward-thinking mindset, with proactive financial leadership with a strong commercial track record, coupled with hands-on management style.
Critical for the role will be prior experience of transforming a finance team to strategically develop the company operating model, as well as creating the appropriate reporting to enhance operational effectiveness in a growth focused business, enabling the story behind the numbers to be brought to life.
Prior experience within a fast-paced cloud/on-prem software sector with international Revenue Recognition requirements will be an asset, along with SOX and other activities associated within a global public company.
- Company Operating Plan: Own the Company’s Operating Plan. Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance function for ForgeRock including Budgeting (top line & expenses), Forecasting, and all aspects of FP&A
- Strategy: Provide leadership in the development and the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Metrics: Improve and maintain company metrics, and own the accuracy of all Non-GAAP metrics
- Corporate Earnings (IPO): Co-own preparation of earnings materials with Investor Relations when/if the Company is public (e.g. finance Q&A, guidance analyses, financial performance and trended data)
- Commercial Agreements: Provide oversight and management of financial terms wherein required for non-standard commercial deals. Occasionally provide input to RFP’s and pricing proposals
- Business Partnering: Act as Business Partner and Trusted Advisor to Sales, Professional Services, G&A, Engineering and all other business units. Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions
- Internal Controls: Play a lead role to ensure that effective internal controls are in place and thus increase the probability of hitting forecast projections
- Systems & Software: Implement, maintain, and improve the back-office systems to comply with and meet the needs of a fast-growing global software company and eye toward SOX compliance
- Documentation & Policies: Maintain documented policies and procedures and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Accuracy: Ensure timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree required;
- MBA required
- CPA, CFA or other relevant certifications helpful but not required
- Demonstrated expertise with the software industry (preferably Enterprise) and the related financial aspects, such as revenue recognition, taxes, etc.
- 12+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, including experience in the software industry, experience with cloud software strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating multi-million dollar contracts
- Experience in M&A due diligence is an advantage
- Knowledgeable in US GAAP
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills; Experience leading teams of 20+ employees
- Ability to travel 25%
- Ready to work in a very dynamic and demanding environment
- Highly self-motivated and objective driven
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to thrive under pressure of constant change and moving objectives
- First-rate strategic skills must be combined with the ability to drive the implementation process at a detailed level
- Will to display the emotional intelligence needed to influence and direct a wide range of personalities through a period of profound growth and change
- Creative and entrepreneurial flair is essential; as is the ability to think laterally
- Organized with an ability to implement systems and processes to bring structure to a function while retaining the flexibility required to manage effectively in a business undergoing growth and change
- Visionary and entrepreneurial. Must have the ability to challenge the norm in addition to the ability and energy to drive change and improvement in the organization
- Possesses good team-building skills. Sets extremely high standards for self and team. Provides strong leadership but encourages input from the team in the decision-making process
- Change Agent – must proactively and passionately support, manage, and drive all change initiatives with a ‘can do’ attitude and help to win the hearts and minds of peers, colleagues, and team members alike to help drive the changes required
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics and a track record of open communication
- Strong stature and presence. Must be highly credible both internally and with business partners and investors. IPO-ready
- A natural leader with superior communication skills
- Exceptional negotiation, presentation, and listening skills. Must have the credibility and commercial maturity necessary to give high-quality input to senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills - needed to build the strong relationships that will be critical to the success of this role
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels. Will have the gravitas, charisma, and knowledge to be credible in all business situations
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.