In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are searching for a talented identity management engineer to join the global IT team and help protect the company through the innovative and broad use of the ForgeRock identity platform.
ForgeRock’s global IT team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting the technology infrastructure at ForgeRock. A key component of delivering these IT capabilities is providing internal identity and access management services so employees and contractors can access key systems and applications easily and securely. The technology supported by the IT team is used by every part of the business and underpins our entire software development process, so this role has visible impact to the whole company.
This person works as a member of a small, globally distributed team of talented technicians and engineers within ForgeRock IT and works closely with the Enterprise Security team. We will work together to deliver excellence to the company, with a focus on outstanding customer experience and delivery.
What you’ll be doing:
- Expand SSO Integrations: One of the primary uses for the identity platform at ForgeRock is to provide single-sign-on (SSO) for a wide variety of web applications and other systems. These integrations are typically done using LDAP, SAML 2, OAUTH 2, and OIDC. Using your previous experience and understanding of how to integrate SSO systems using these protocols and troubleshooting issues with them, you will expand the integrations to include all applications used across the business. You will maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the company to assist in identifying new integrations needed and then deliver those integrations in a timely manner.
- IDM and Connectors: The ForgeRock Identity team works closely with ForgeRocks IT Operations team to implement the finest layers of governance. You will be required to create IDM connectors to 3rd party applications to enable operational governance.
- Implement Risk-Based Authentication: The ForgeRock identity platform provides unparalleled capabilities for performing risk-based authentication, stepping up to stronger forms of authentication as needed based on the system/data being accessed and contextual information about the authentication event. You will implement and regularly update new risk-based authentication methods leveraging built-in and 3rd party capabilities. This will require experience setting up Authentication Trees (or older authentication chains) as well as experience configuring and maintaining various MFA solutions and integrating them with ForgeRock Access Management.
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Experience with identity and access management systems, experience of the ForgeRock identity platform is preferred.
- Working knowledge of and experience in troubleshooting SSO integrations using at least two of the following: LDAP, SAML 2, OAUTH 2, and OIDC.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Familiar with working in a Linux environment.
- Experience in scripting, ideally in Groovy, specific to the configuration and integration of the ForgeRock identity platform.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and solving issues related to identities, system access, accounts, authentication, authorization, entitlements, and permissions.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.