In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The ForgeRock Associate Sales Engineer is a springboard role in developing your career in pre-sales engineering. As part of a centralized team, and remotely located, you will support a highly effective global Sales and Solution Engineering team in preparing engaging and interactive customer focused meetings, demonstrations, and proof of concepts that articulate the business and technical value a customer can expect from a ForgeRock solution. You will be an energetic member of a team that empowers personal, team, and customer success.
As an Associate Sales Engineer at ForgeRock, you will bring a passion for Identity, as well as delivering customer success. You will have the opportunity to develop deep technical and consultative skills in capturing and understanding industry and customer needs, and helping develop technical solutions to support the pre-sales activities, whilst also leveraging your soft skills when engaging with prospective customers.
You will support sales engagements globally, preparing responses on RFI/RFP, aiding the creation of innovative demonstrations, and setting up proof of concept assets such as identifying business requirements/challenges, loading sample data and playing back solutions to prospective customers.
Your familiarity with Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies coupled with your insight into helping organizations understand how IAM enables their business needs, all matched with ForgeRock’s visionary capabilities will enable you to present uniquely innovative and effective solutions that will enhance both the customer’s and your career.
If Identity and Access management, pre-sales, and customer success are your passion, this is the opportunity you have been looking for.
- Business and technology delivery of various pre-sales activities including; planning/developing/delivering conceptual solution demonstrations and presentations, providing technical/product guidance to customers/partners/team, hands on delivery of proof of concepts, and responding to RfXs.
- Build enduring relationships with technical counterparts at our customers and become their trusted advisor
- Work with the sales team to deliver revenue. Emphasis during key sales cycle phases of: Qualification, Discovery, and Technical Proof Phase
- Coordinate, throughout sales cycle, pre-sales efforts with a post-sales service delivery team
- Videoconferencing to deliver presentations, whiteboarding, and demonstrations
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years in enterprise architecture, customer facing professional services or technical pre-sales positions
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering effective technical presentations, workshops, customized demonstrations, and proof of concepts
- Engaging communication and customer service skills: verbal, written, and listening/understanding
- Ability to relate proposed solution technical capabilities back to customer needs in a narrative style
- Ability to work with a high level of self-direction and/or collaboratively with team and customers
- Understanding of the following IAM concepts: Authentication / Authorization / Federation / Single Sign-On / User Lifecycle Management / Provisioning / Governance / Workflow /
- Understanding of one or more standards and protocols relating to IAM: OAuth2, OIDC, UMA, SAML, SCIM, LDAP, JSON
- Interest in a particular business area or industry vertical would be of great value
- General knowledge of infrastructure and networking technologies such as virtual machines, TCP/IP, HTTP/S, load balancers, proxies, etc.
- Expertise with one or more typical cloud services providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure
Ideal Candidate Skills (one or more):
- Successful delivery of a SaaS based IAM solution
- Installation and/or configuration of one or more IAM technologies from ForgeRock, Ping, Okta, Auth0, Sailpoint, CA, Oracle or similar
- Innovating with prototyping or rapid prototyping using web and mobile frameworks to develop and test approaches / tools.
- Expertise with one or more the following:
- iOS / Android,node.js / Angular / Single Page Applications and/or web application user interface development
- DevOps technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Skaffold, Kustomize
- IoT technologies
- API gateways such as Apigee, Kong, Mulesoft
- Machine learning
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.