In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will be a key Accounting Department professional responsible for assisting in the preparation of board packages, management reports, investor reports and filing of various SEC reports – including the Annual and Quarterly reports on Form 10-K and other filings as necessary. The Financial Reporting Accountant will assist in US GAAP research and documenting draft technical accounting memos, assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements, ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in related accounting areas and assist with the management of quarterly reviews and annual audits with our external auditors. The role will require your ability to communicate concisely and effectively and be able to inform all key stakeholders in the organization of the accounting and business implications of transactions, particularly those with limited or no accounting background. This position will report to the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of board packages, management reports and investor reports
- Assist in the preparation of SEC filings (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K, registration statements, etc.), including MD&A and financial statement footnotes
- Assist in XBRL tagging of financial statements and footnotes
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, assist in the review and collection of comments on the various drafts; assist in the preparation of support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; assist in completing all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Assist in the maintenance of the quarterly reporting timetable and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones
- Assist with month-end close financial statement review
- Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, FASB, PCAOB, or other regulations
- in accounting research and drafting of technical accounting memos
- Assist with establishment, documentation, and maintenance of company accounting policies and procedures
- Provide support to internal and external auditors and ensure SOX compliance
- Assist in the preparation and review of:
- stock-based compensation
- accounting and roll forward
- capitalized software
- monthly/quarterly cashflow
- Earnings-per-share (EPS)
- Liaise with other corporate departments – Legal, Tax, Treasury, Finance (FP&A) as needed & the Global Accounting Operations team located in Bristol, UK
- Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including (but not limited to) new processes, procedures or system enhancements
- Assist with ad hoc projects and prepare responses to various requests for information
- Responsible for 404 compliance for direct areas of responsibility and support overall 404 compliance
- Responsible for debt accounting, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and rollforward
- Provide coverage for urgent, US time zone operational accounting requests in all areas of Procure to Pay and occasional journal entries required to expedite the financial close and reporting
- Responsible for Business Licenses, primarily consisting of liaising with a third party to provide updated company information upon request
- Special projects and ad-hoc reporting
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Comprehensive and current understanding of US GAAP, including recently issued accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting principles and regulations
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of issues coupled with exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires mathematics skills, reading and comprehension skills, writing skills, communication with all levels in the organization
- Requires the ability to work self-directed including time management and the ability to multi-task concurring priorities
- Minimum of 3-6 years of progressive responsibilities - mix of Big-4 and public company experience
- Understanding of Accounting research tools such as EY Atlas a plus
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Equity Compensation systems and SEC Reporting tools (e.g. Workiva) a plus
- Familiar with XBRL tagging
- Proficient in designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures—in a SOX environment
- Ability to work through ambiguity and communicate clear accounting positions and operational solutions
- Working in a SAAS environment, preferably enterprise software
- CPA required
- BA in Accounting
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.