In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for an accomplished U.S. corporate income tax and reporting professional. The Tax Manager will help develop and implement the global tax strategy whilst owning several key tax initiatives. ForgeRock is building its tax team and you will have the opportunity to help shape the direction of the tax function whilst developing your career. This position, which will be based in San Francisco, is a hands-on, individual contributor role and reports to the Global Head of Tax (who is based in London).
- Prepare & own the global quarterly tax provision process going forward partnering with all key stakeholders to achieve timely, accurate, predictable and well-informed outcomes.
- Re-evaluate the global outsourced corporate income tax compliance process with a view to some consolidation of advisors whilst enhancing controls and review procedures.
- Manage the outsourced U.S. federal and state, and foreign corporate income tax compliance process, working closely with external advisors.
- Lead the evaluation and improvement of the current global tax control framework to ensure SOX compliance on direct taxes, owning the SOX compliance process thereafter.
- Support the Global Head of Tax in multiple key areas of global taxes and tax policy, including tax structuring and transfer pricing.
- Create formal processes to monitor relevant changes in tax law and tax reporting standards/guidance.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Outcome focused, hands-on work ethic is essential – this is an individual contributor role.
- Public accounting background (Big 4 experience preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. corporate income tax rules (domestic and international).
- Deep experience of preparing tax provisions and managing related financial audits
- SOX experience for direct taxes and a continuous process improvement mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting.
- Organized and thorough with ability to meet tight deadlines and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively and amicably with multiple stakeholders.
- Exposure to other areas of tax (e.g. transfer pricing, indirect taxes) preferable but not essential – a strong desire to gradually develop in other areas of global tax is essential.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.