Sales | US – San Francisco, CA - Remote
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Reporting to the SVP, Americas, the Regional Vice President West is a strategic leadership role as we accelerate our growth at this crucial stage in our company’s development. The RVP, West will be tasked with hiring, leading and developing an energized, competitive and high impact sales team that is differentiated by its ability to drive imaginative value-based C suite propositions.
This sales leader will have evidence of solution selling and leadership success and will have a propensity to role model to lead the team in building extraordinary customer relationships. ForgeRock’s growth now requires repeatable success. The ability to leverage the partner community, architect solutions and reach into a well-established network is required elements for future success.
The candidate will reside in the Western United States.
In order to acquire, retain and extend customer relationships and create a wining ForgeRock business, this Sales Leader will be able to create and maintain an unbeatable organization that is culturally high performance orientated, data driven, transparent, accountable and agile. Focused hard on the work needed to be done and culturally conscious of the way to do the work, this individual will be constantly aware of the true measurements of success. The ideal candidate’s mind set should be passionate, authentic, and hungry. The individual will have a natural and innate ability to make the right decisions and help the team to do the same. The concept of “decision + commitment + execution delivers the best outcome” should sit comfortably with this natural leader.
- Creates, implements, measures and reviews a strategy or operational plan that drives achievement of business goals aligned to overall ForgeRock strategy
- Uses mechanisms such as territory planning, account plans, opportunity inspection, pipeline management, account reviews, forecast calls etc.
- Advises and coaches the sales force around how to position and articulate ForgeRock’s value proposition at Enterprise customers and by doing so, increases average deal size
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to expand business activities within areas of responsibility
- Plans and controls the expense associated with area of responsibility even if not responsible for overall cost center
- Establishes working relationships with external parties which supports the achievement of business goals
- Is conversant with ForgeRock’s systems and procedures and ensures effective use of and conformance to standard business practices and tools (i.e. SFDC – SalesForce.com)
- Communicates ForgeRock’s vision and aligns team and individual goals to achieve business results
- Provides leadership and ensures development of the sales team's domain knowledge
- Recruits, builds and develops the team to deliver business results; identifies, develops and promotes high potential employees
- Recommends and/or approves people related decisions – hiring, promotions, merit increases, rewards and recognition, training initiatives etc.
- Drives performance review and development planning process with annual and quarterly review meetings
- Coaches/mentors individuals and the team, identifies and executes opportunities for sales force development and enablement
- Accurately forecasts and achieves sales team targets
- Identifies and allocates appropriate resources to business requirements
- Works collaboratively to acquire additional/specialist resources as required
- Drives cross functional engagement and provides leadership to virtual teams
- Has established multi-vertical C level contacts in large Enterprise customers
- Builds relationships with customers (internal or external) as necessary – previous executive engagement and network is essential to the success of this role
- Provides customer escalation management as necessary for problem resolution
- Drives initiatives which result in improvement in customer satisfaction
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred) and expertise in technology sales and account management
- Results oriented with multiple years meeting or exceeding quota
- Experience leading and driving exceptional team performance
- Experience working in a US global matrixed organization
- Great interpersonal skills to align and foster positive working relationships across the organization
- Industry/Vertical market knowledge
- Competitor knowledge
- ForgeRock technology
- Partner knowledge
- Sales best practices
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.