Senior Front End Developer
Engineering | UK - Bristol Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
This is an exciting opportunity for those looking for a Senior Front End Developer to play an integral part in building out all aspects of user interface for our state-of-the-art identity management products. If you are looking for a demanding and challenging environment in a high-tech, internationally focused organisation…now is your chance to make your mark.
As a person you are motivated, structured, and autonomous. You take pride in your work, knowing that it will be used in mission-critical environments and maintained by others. You like to acquire new knowledge and you are flexible in relation to working with many different types of tasks. You understand that there are some repetitive tasks involved in any position and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and find solutions to every challenge whether large or small.
- Work on all aspects of user interface development
- Collaborate closely with the product management, architects, and customers to translate use cases and requirements into simple responsive user interfaces
- Lead key areas of development for specific products
- Work independently on development tasks
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to understand how our customers interact with the products
- Support and manage UI team members where required
- Coach and mentor other members of the UI team
- Direct input into the design and implementation of modern web applications
- Interact with ForgeRock open source user and developer communities
- 8+ years experience of UI development
- Strong experience with UI Application Development (Single-Page Applications)
- Developing and testing against Chrome, Firefox, Safari and mobile browsers. Node.js nice to have
- Experience with Unit and Functionally Testing UIs
- Familiarity with RESTful web services
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes is desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Solid ground in modern software engineering best practices
- Desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- B.S. degree in an Engineering or Science Discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams Highly Desired
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.