Business Development Director (Benelux)
Business Development | Belgium - Brussels - Remote
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is looking for a talented and proven team player with high energy and initiative to fill a key role within the Business Development Organization. This role will be a key contributor to our business development strategy as we look to build out our network of Consulting, SI and Channel Partners to help scale our business through the next phase of our growth.
This role will report up to the Vice President of Alliances, EMEA.
The onboarding of new partners and the ability to build exceptionally strong working relationships with them as well as our field sales organization to expand our sales pipeline and drive new opportunities is key to the success of this role. This individual must also work with existing partners to expand those relationships and their involvement with ForgeRock. Likewise, they will also need to ensure our partners are fully engaged with our Customer Success Team to drive the successful implementation of our solutions within customer environments.
The role will also require joint visits with partners to customer environments to play a lead role in the qualification and development of sales opportunities. This will require a swift development of an understanding of the ForgeRock platform and key differentiators to be able to present with a degree of strength and confidence.
There is a strong focus on collaborative development and selling with the field sales team, Solutions architects, inside sales, renewals and marketing teams.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the enterprise software industry of leading and building alliances partnerships within a high growth organization. Ideal experience should also include a background in the sales or consulting side of the business. Experience in the identity and access management space would be highly desirable. The individual must exhibit qualities that inspire teaming and trust to influence ForgeRock Sales, Marketing, Product Management and the CTO’s Office to support Alliances/Partnering Strategies.
- Extensive experience in software Sales, Alliances, or Consulting.
- Referenceable experience in Benelux partners over a 10-year period.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quota, over minimum 10-year period
- Minimum 10 years, ideally 15 years plus, of experience in working with small to medium sized consulting, SI and channel partners.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working for US HQ Software companies a strong advantage
- History of developing and executing alliance partner go-to-market plans
- Ability to drive field engagement to produce meaningful pipeline development
- Proven ability to establish and grow business relationships at a CxO level
- History of successfully developing and leading multiple partnerships
- Be creative with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of exceeding metrics over a minimum of 10-year period - not just exceeding sales quota
- Proven track record of recruiting and making productive new partners over a minimum of five-year period and in excess of five partners
- Experience or knowledge of the identity market is highly desirable
- Fluent English & Dutch spoken and written communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills, with French & Flemish as a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Sound business acumen skills; thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desirable
- com experience is a plus
- Secondary/Advanced Degree is a plus
- Experience with open-source software is a plus
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!