Staff UI Engineer
Cloud Solutions | US – Austin Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for a highly motivated Staff UI Engineer to build user interfaces for a next generation Identity platform. This role requires a Front-End Developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative team of product managers, software engineers, and data scientists in an internationally focused organization.
The ideal applicant will have strong communication skills, solid analytical and problem-solving skills, and be passionate about quality, usability, and performance. If you’re an Engineer with proven experience designing and developing innovative, intuitive, and beautiful interfaces that people love, we need your help to push the boundaries of user interface design and bring the most innovative Identity platform concepts to life.
- Collaborate closely with the product management, architects, and customers to translate use cases and requirements into simple responsive user interfaces
- Contribute to and maintain our shared front-end component library
- Communicate and present your work in a clear and simple manner
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years related UI work experience
- Strong experience with UI Application Development (Single-Page Applications)
- Proficiency with Git and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Knowledge of UI security issues and best practices to prevent vulnerabilities
- Developing and testing against Chrome, Firefox, Safari and mobile browsers
- Experience with Unit and Functionally Testing UIs
- Familiarity with RESTful web services
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes is desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Solid ground in modern software engineering best practices
- Desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- B.S. degree in an Engineering or Science Discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams Highly Desired
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.