Senior Program & Events Manager
Corporate Marketing | US – San Francisco Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
This position owns the development and execution of corporate events and programs; including Sales Kick-Off, President’s Club, Executive Offsites and ad-hoc company or sales events.
ForgeRock is looking for a seasoned events professional with experience in managing Global events in a fast-paced, high tech environment. You must be a self-motivated individual who drives alignment of the overall experience of events. You will ensure that all events are delivered with the best-in-class hospitality and flawless execution, while staying within budget. You will drive the event experience while continuously evaluating and enhancing the event programs while providing management with reports and analysis on program effectiveness return on investment.
- Act as the main client liaison providing proactive consultation for internal business partners throughout event program development and execution while driving service standards and seeking opportunities to enhance event experiences.
- Manage and implement complex logistical elements of events including sourcing, meeting space design, attendee management, travel, transportation, technology platforms, F&B, AV, entertainment, security and shipping/receiving (specifically sales kickoff, President’s club and other company meetings).
- Creatively design each event environment to achieve client goals and purposes that align with ForgeRock’s company culture.
- Manage vendors, freelance contractors and venues including hotels, DMC’s, event production companies, technical producers and all third-party suppliers from procurement to completion while maintaining the project budget.
- Negotiate vendor budgets to maximize company savings aligned with department goals.
- Event budget management, including budget tracking and financial operations (i.e., invoice processing, purchase orders, departmental chargeback's, etc.).
- Working cross-functionally with content providers, field marketing, sales and executive teams.
- Effectively manage event staff and volunteers, including conducting of training sessions to fully engage support teams.
- Create reports and analysis on program components.
- Manage reconciliation of final bill and post-program deliverables and coordinate post-con reporting including event analysis, reports of spending, attendance feedback, and other ROI metrics for company records.
- Travel onsite to events to ensure continuity and exceptional business partner service.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced technology company
- 8 + years successful experience in Corporate and/or Field Marketing Event Management roles planning and executing large programs, preferably with at least 3 years of experience in a high-tech company that has over 200 employees
- A BA/BS degree required
- Self-starter that is a problem solver and knows how to roll their sleeves up and do the work that needs to get done
- Strong communications, timeline management and follow-through
- Strong people management skills – ability to manage and work with large audiences
- Results-oriented, customer driven, organized with attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills that are effective at all levels of the organization
- Strong in budget management with proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and budget tracking tools
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours and do week-long global travel as needed
- Ability to travel - up to 15% of the time.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.