Total Rewards Director
Human Resources | San Francisco, CA
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Create impact in line with our Strategy, Mission and Values for the company by driving the Total Rewards strategy for the company. This includes the management, administration, creation and development of all compensation and benefits programs for the global organization. The Director will also lead the development, design, implementation and continuous evolution of the performance management program. Reporting into the Chief People Officer, you will be a subject matter expert who will develop a global philosophy, deliver strong recommendations, and work with cross-functional HR team on implementation. You will be strategic, but also hands-on, and will ideally have a mix of large company experience coupled with entrepreneurial, high-growth company experience. Global experience and interaction are essential to the success of this role.
- Identify areas of synergy to maximize cost effectiveness of offerings across geographies while also balancing the needs of the employees.
- Participate in market data surveys and network with industry peers to evaluate compensation, benefits and performance mgmt trends to ensure market competitiveness of all programs and offering
- Responsible for recommending the Compensation philosophy as it relates to structure, equity compensation, merit budgeting and process, bonus program design and benefits offerings. Ensuring consistency in the organization across geographies and functions, make recommendations to the Chief People Officer on changes and alignment.
- Design and implement different structures in the organization including grading system, job evaluation system, job descriptions, career ladders, promotion process, etc. aligned with the corporate culture, values and performance philosophy
- Manage all benefits vendors and brokers to ensure delivery of timely, high quality service to the organization in all areas of the world. Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and timely submission of required filing.
- Leads the administration of 401(k) plan and country pension plans including enrollment activity, plan changes, and communication to employees.
- Provide proactive counsel and serve as a resource to management and the people team on programs, policies, and practices. This includes working closely with HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition to provide information and support the needs of their client organizations.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10-year prior experience in a similar role, focused on all aspects of compensation, benefits and performance management.
- Analytical, but also creative, possess strong business acumen and understand how to attract talent in a competitive landscape.
- Strong communicator and comfortable delivering a message both in written information and presentations to the executives and employee population.
- Ability to deliver total reward programs that uphold the philosophy of the company as a whole, but also know when to be flexible to address local market trends and needs
- Well versed on the various regulations surrounding compensation and benefits
- Track record of driving programs to conclusion on time and in budget through delegation and partnering with appropriate team members and outside vendors
- Experience with domestic and global benefits offerings
- Comfortable in a dynamic fast-paced environment where you must be able to design as well as implement
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business, management or other related field requirement.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.