Senior Release Engineer
Engineering | Vancouver, WA
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Operating as a key member of the global engineering team and working closely with IT, this hands on position will be responsible for the development of tools, release processes, and all aspects of the build process for the ForgeRock Identity products.
- Deliver the ForgeRock products on time
- Ensure that the CI/CD platform is fully functional and can scale if needed
- Help Engineering to move all the infrastructure in Google Cloud
- Watch and be aware of new CI/CD trends/tools
- Support our dev, qa and sustaining engineers as they use our CI/CD platform
- Work closely with our IT team in order to improve the infrastructure
- Attend the weekly sync with your team (based in Europe)
- Document your work (Wiki page, Google Doc, …)
- Update the JIRA Kanban board (create, update, move cards in the relevant columns)
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong Jenkins knowledge (installation/update, administration, plugins, build workflow, CI/CD, Jenkins pipeline)
- Good Docker knowledge (Dockerfile, integration with Jenkins, Docker CLI)
- Good Cloud knowledge (AWS/Google, comfortable with IAM/VM/Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with Maven/Java build
- Experience with the most common Maven plugins (release, license, dependency, assembly)
- Strong with Git
- Good Linux knowledge
- Strong scripting experience
- Ability to work well in a global team environment and independently
- Microsoft .Net build (bonus)
- Java development to write Maven/Jenkins plugins
VMWare knowledge (create a VM or a template, update VM settings with vSphere)
- A good communication is appreciated as the team is working with all the Engineering team
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below is just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsite and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.