Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is looking for a Senior Editor to lead our fast-growing and best-in-class newsletter portfolio. Our nearly 20 newsletters by our expert staff journalists cover topics ranging from daily news, billionaires and digital assets to sports, careers and travel. He/She/They must be experienced in hands-on editing as well as content strategy and curation, audience development and email products. This role requires a combination of newsroom instincts, business acumen and the ability to analyze performance and measure key metrics.
- Serve as the lead and voice for all Forbes editorial newsletters, working directly with journalists and other internal teams (including product and growth)
- Manage Forbes growing portfolio of editorial newsletters, including raising the bar on quality and original curation, format and voice plus reader engagement and diverse communities. Entails both clean and compelling writing and deft editing
- Work on new and special editions, cross-promotion and onboarding and outreach emails
- Identify and communicate best practices across newsroom
- Collaborate with the business intelligence and marketing teams on newsletter strategy and reporting
- Use data and analytics to help guide editorial and audience development decisions
- Take a forward-thinking approach on testing new approaches to content and growing Forbes memberships and reader retention.
- Candidate should have 5-7 years+ experience editing and working with editorial newsletters in an innovative and busy newsroom
- Have the mind of a journalist and excited about digital growth, including new platforms, reader engagement, audience-facing products and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate experience and interest in newsletters and other off-platform products and their role in driving reader loyalty and subscriptions
- Able to identify and write and edit compelling subject lines and newsletter copy to drive strong engagement
- Willing to use data to guide content decisions and methodical in testing ideas in order to achieve desired results
- Excited to steer timely and compelling newsletters off the news and trends of interest to Forbes audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and matrixed organization
- Highly adaptable and quick to learn processes
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.