Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Forbes is looking for a Digital Graphic Designer to join our growing commerce team, Forbes Vetted and Forbes Store. The position will produce and maintain the visual aesthetic for eCommerce for both Forbes.com and Forbes Store. This individual will need to be able to translate editorial and business requirements and stakeholder needs into designs that are on-brand, visually impactful, and encourage conversion. The designer will report to the Forbes Vetted Art Director.
- Hands-on production and organizing of visual projects from start to publish.
- Plan, design, and produce graphics for omnichannel promotion of eCommerce content. This can include simple static images to motion graphics to interactive content.
- Produce clean, functional designs for websites, social media, email, and other digital outlets.
- Take design direction and create options to test performance.
- The ability to work under tight deadlines, pressure, and on multiple projects at once.
- Work with a creative team to archive projects to produce and file digital assets/organize accordingly.
- A minimum of 5 years digital graphic design experience
- Expert abilities with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong visual style and thorough understanding of how typography, layout, color, images, and interactivity impact conversion
- Deep understanding of social media and emerging social trends
- Experience with product photography, photo shoots, and photo licensing
- Solid news judgment and editorial sensibilities
- Familiarity with capabilities and limitations of web technologies
- Excellent communication, organizational, verbal, and written skills
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Team player with all-hands-on-deck attitude and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Online portfolio required
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.