Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced writer and product tester to join our growing commerce editorial team on a full-time basis. This role will be responsible for researching and writing product guides, comparisons, device reviews, deal spotlights, and other original features and columns surrounding the latest gadgets and digital services. You may also be asked to cover breaking news stories accurately and quickly. You will work under the guidance of the Forbes Vetted tech editor in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
This is a remote role with the option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired
- Researching and writing 5+ stories per week
- Pitching new story ideas on a weekly basis
- Balancing longer term projects such as hands-on product reviews with short lead assignments such as product release news posts
- Coordinating review samples with PR and affiliate partners
- Attending various strategy meetings via video conference on a weekly basis
- Updating evergreen content in a variety of categories on a weekly basis
- Participating in sales event coverage, including potential shifts over holiday weekends like Memorial Day, Labor Day and Black Friday through Cyber Monday
- Working with the editorial, business and SEO teams as needed to ensure your content is properly optimized
- Having fun with a variety of team-oriented extracurricular activities throughout the year
The ideal candidate:
- Is comfortable writing across multiple subtopics within tech and has extensive expertise in minimum two subtopics (such as audio, computing, photography, gaming)
- Is an excellent writer with 2-5+ years of experience writing product reviews and electronics feature coverage
- Can share published clips from major media outlets
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment and able to pivot quickly when needed
- Can identify and curate trendy tech gadgets that will appeal to the Forbes audience
- Has experience producing original, high-quality photography during product testing process (preferred)
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.