Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
As a Senior Data Privacy Analyst at Forbes, you will be working as part of a highly effective team on a variety of unique and important challenges. The right candidate will possess a strong command of Data Privacy and Data Protection issues, She or He will work collaboratively with Leadership, Counsel, Business, Revenue, and Technology stakeholders, as well as Data Engineering to manage Data Privacy operations, deliver practical advice, and empower class-leading Privacy-by-design across the Forbes ecosystem.
- Partner with Legal, BI, CX, Growth, Revenue and other stakeholders to advance the Data Privacy program
- Establish, maintain, and own written processes and policies that govern Forbes' handling of personal information and other protected information on behalf of Forbes
- Work with privacy counsel to further develop and operationalize Forbes’ global Data Privacy program in compliance with global regulatory requirements (e.g., GDPR, UK GDPR, CCPA, PIPL, and other privacy regulations)
- Assist Business Stakeholders with completing timely Data Inventory Assessments, Privacy Impact Assessments and other Privacy Assessments
- Continuously identify and communicate improvement opportunities
- Proactively identify privacy risks in processes and systems and propose mitigations
- Play an active role in evaluating compliance and application for future Data Products
- Leverage technology to improve upon and manage regulatory compliance processes, including the company's data map/inventory, DSAR/individual rights requests, PIAs/DPIAs.
- Work closely with Data Engineering and Internal Stakeholders to stay current on all current and future data types and data flows across Forbes (Forbes' internal systems, service providers, third parties, countries), and how these relate to policy and regulatory requirements.
- Work with Technology and Product teams on the implementation and custom configuration of DSAR webforms/workflows, cookie compliance banners and dashboards
- Oversee and coordinate Forbes’ intake, verification, and response to all consumer rights requests, including the coordination with various internal functions to confirm that the company honors the request within the allotted time. Work closely with Engineering teams to create and cultivate an automation platform in support of this.
- Promote Employee awareness for Privacy and Data Protection
- Continuously improve your skills and knowledge through classes and independent research
What You Bring:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of project management and/or operations experience with a strong background in Data Privacy compliance and experience with regulatory and contract law
- Understanding of global data privacy regulations, including GDPR and CCPA
- Strong technical acumen: including the ability to understand the technology landscape and familiarity with First Party Data - its use and operation
- Strong analytical skills; ability to understand and problem solve complex issues
- Experience with working on complex, global projects as a project manager, working with multi-location and cross-functional teams
- Experienced in documenting and implementing procedures and guidelines
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail at all times, even with the most routine tasks
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and the Google Suite of productivity tools
- OneTrust Professional Certification required; CIPP/E and/or CIPP/US certification a plus
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.