Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Forbes is looking for a smart, well-sourced Real Estate Writer to cover the business of commercial and residential real estate, track trends and write engaging stories on subjects that include uncovering and dissecting the strategies behind billionaire fortunes, innovative startups and entrepreneurs that are transforming the industry. The ideal candidate understands the breadth of the beat, has an interest in markets and entrepreneurism, relentlessly pursues big scoops and thrives in a fast-paced environment, where creativity and teamwork are highly valued.
- Cover the world’s most successful real estate moguls and companies
- Monitor day-to-day real estate deals and consumer news
- Break stories before the competition
- Contribute to Forbes’ flagship lists
- Own Wealth valuations related to Real Estate beat
- Write longer-form stories and investigative pieces for the website and the magazine
- Search through SEC documents and financial data to aid reporting
- Bachelor's degree
- Understand financial terms, markets and international tax laws
- Have at least five years of experience in financial/business reporting
- Shown previous success breaking news, covering real estate’s big players and writing thoughtful investigative pieces
- Proficient experience reading and analyzing financial data
- Be deeply sourced
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.