SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager will support the Vice President of Revenue Management by executing projects related to managing and analyzing the rental pricing of FirstKey Homes rental properties. This role will drive new initiatives applying machine learning and automation to rental pricing processes while overseeing the maintenance of existing reporting and day-to-day pricing activities.
- Contribute to the vision of applying customer / product segmentation and other data science concepts to rental pricing strategies and manage team efforts to drive vision into production models.
- Understand the existing dynamic pricing model, review performance in reporting dashboards, and recommend changes to drive improvements.
- Develop analyses related to inventory management and demand forecasting.
- Evaluate and interpret reporting dashboards to identify property-level and market-level rental trends.
- Balance team priorities of report maintenance, ad-hoc requests, and contributions toward new projects.
- Run recurring team meetings to keep team informed and aligned on rent growth performance and project milestones.
- Provide ad-hoc Excel reporting on rental performance as needed.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Working knowledge of data science / machine learning concepts and their application
- Experience working with teams (data analysts, data scientist, machine learning engineers, DevOps engineers) to drive machine learning projects into production
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including the following Excel formulas: “If” statements, vlookup
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Revenue Management or Pricing experience preferred. May include other industries that practice dynamic pricing and revenue management such as e-commerce / retail, hospitality, airline, or multi-family housing
- Programming experience in Python
- Working knowledge of SQL queries and relational databases
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Cloud Products including Data Factory, DevOps pipelines, Data Lakes, and SQL Server
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Clerical— Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, emails, etc.
- Mathematics— Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring— Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Analytical Thinking— Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Initiative— Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.