SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of National Leasing will oversee all FirstKey Homes leasing initiatives to ensure occupancy goals are met and leasing operations are optimized. This leader will interface with partners across the organization to assess current leasing practices and build an enhanced & scalable national leasing model. This individual will be the company’s subject matter expert by advising team members on leasing practices, policies and lead all leasing activities. The Director of National Leasing will be highly visible and responsible for communicating leasing updates and traveling to the field market’s locations regularly.
- Oversee all FirstKey Homes leasing & become the subject matter expert of leasing activities by leveraging industry knowledge to enhance operations, implementing initiatives, driving occupancy results, communicating important updates on leasing activities and advising internal partners regarding practices and policies.
- Partner with business leaders across FirstKey Homes to understand the current leasing model, platform and assess organizational strengths, capabilities and gaps to determine areas of process improvements.
- Collaborate with internal partners such as underwriting, pricing, property operations and other stakeholders to establish buy-in and proper implementation throughout markets.
- Establish key performance indicators, in conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Property Operations, for each market to measure leasing activity.
- Report updates to relevant stakeholders and recommend solutions to enhance operations.
- Manage and direct activities within FirstKey Homes leasing platforms such as Yardi Voyager, Rently, and Single- Family Rental Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform.
- Lead all platform updates and initiatives in collaboration with IT
- Manage external solution vendors on an as needed basis.
- Train, develop, manage, and evaluate direct reports to achieve departmental and FirstKey Homes targets.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Business Partner to secure additional personnel needs.
- Evaluate and recommend practices that will optimize leasing operations.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Property Operations.
- This summary is not an all-inclusive description of the job. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office
- May sit for several hours at a desk
- Prolonged exposure to computer
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, & phones
- Requires travel to all FirstKey Homes markets 50% - 70% of the time
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, Operations Management or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experienced as a senior leader of a B2B or B2C inside sales organization
- Minimum 7 years of direct managerial experience & proven success leading teams to achieve organizational goals
- Real Estate experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in building out new regions or new markets successfully
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics 365 or similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Experience leveraging social media platforms to achieve leasing or sales goals
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with managing responsibilities in multiple states or multiple locations
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or a similar property management program
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstrations, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Leadership— Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Initiative— Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Achievement/Effort— Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Persistence— Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Analytical Thinking— Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.