The Property Manager assists the Regional Operations Manager with the daily oversight and coordination of FirstKey Homes operations in their assigned market. Typical work includes assisting with acquisitions, renovations, leasing, property management, financial performance and collections. The Property Manager will facilitate strong working relationships with staff in the local market, national and corporate offices, and with third-party vendors and leasing firms.
- Review all office related expenses for accuracy and present them to the Regional Operations Manager for
- Collect housing payments and make daily deposit.
- Collect on all tenant maintenance or utility related chargebacks.
- Identify delinquent accounts and coordinate with Property Administrator and Customer Care to resolve matters in
a timely manner.
- Manage the renewal process in conjunction with the central renewals team and provide weekly updates to the
District Operations Director.
- Manage renewal paperwork needed for all Section 8 or housing-assisted residents.
- Work with leasing agents to obtain a completed file with all application documents.
- Create completed lease packets in compliance with FirstKey Homes standards for upcoming move in’s.
- Communicate the move-in process with new residents, while scheduling and confirming all upcoming move-ins.
- Collecting all required documents for new resident application review.
- Perform all additional functions regarding the move-in as per Yardi and accounting guidelines.
- Manage Section 8 move-ins to ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted timely and that the home passes
- Ensure all utilities are scheduled for connection in the future resident’s name before performing a move-in.
- Partner directly with the corporate administrative team on all matters related to utilities.
- Accept all notice to vacate (NTV) statements from residents and processing notices in Yardi.
- Schedule pre-move out inspections with residents on notice 7 to 21 days prior to move-out.
- Identify and communicate with residents that may withdraw their notice to vacate while balancing the profitability
of the business.
- Communicate and update the District Operations Director about notice to vacate residents and how to decrease
the number of move-outs, using FirstKey Homes authorized incentives.
- Manage property transfers in accordance with FirstKey Homes guidelines.
- Work with turnover representatives within the maintenance department to process move-outs.
- Process all deposit accounting within 7 days of move-out.
- Process all incoming applications and requests for tenancy on applicants with a housing-assistance voucher.
- Schedule and coordinate all pre-move-in inspections with the local Housing Authority and the local Field
- Process, communicate, and upload all documents pertaining to changes with HAP agreements into Yardi.
- Manage Section 8 Collections and work with the local Housing Authority to resolve the issues.
- Assist with monitoring/managing violations, lawsuits, and complaints.
- Attend court sessions as the FirstKey Homes representative when needed.
- Assist with managing insurance-related issues.
- Assist District Operations Director with hiring, training, development and coaching.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- An active real estate license in the applicable state of practice is required
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of asset and operations management
- General knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis
- Experience with project management, process improvement and working with cross-functional teams
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Property Management or similar degree preferred
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company