SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Analyst will develop a strong understanding of FirstKey Homes operations, navigate internal systems to compile and analyze data, interpret results, and assist with implementation of solutions. Comfort working in a fast pace, high-growth company that requires adaptability, collaboration and responding with a sense of urgency.
- Develop a strong understanding of FirstKey Homes business Propose new strategies that would enhance operations and align with organizational goals.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on data analytics and telling the story behind data. Be able to synthesize data into digestible and intuitive reports.
- Participate in presenting models and analysis to various levels of management, including operating managers, executives, board members and Cerberus team members.
- Define, improve, and refine KPIs to drive operational improvements across all FirstKey Homes business units.
- Proactively provide recommendations on new data sources and metrics for future analysis.
- Partner with business teams and advocate for data-driven decision and frameworks via democratization of data usage across the business.
- Conduct competitive analysis on Single Family Rental (SFR) industry, key competitors, and overall macro trends.
- Synthesize and interpret data to identify current and emerging real estate trends and developments.
- Embrace continuous innovation in Analytics and Insights with a focus on data driven decision making and minimizing manual processes.
- Drive the development of analytical tools to support the Analytics and Insights strategy.
- This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Data Analytics, or equivalent work experience and/or education.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an analyst or similar role.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to effectively influence staff at all levels.
- Advanced PowerPoint, Power BI, and Excel skills with focus on executive messaging.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to operational excellence and quality.
- Advanced proficiency with some or all the following: SQL, VBA, Python, Statistical Models and R.
- Experience with large datasets, recommending actions and synthetizing insights.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in Real Estate, Consulting, or Investment Banking.
- Experience working in a fast pace, high growth company.
- Experience sourcing and interpreting data to drive process improvement decisions.
- Familiar with Azure services such as Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Lake.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Mathematics— Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning— Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Monitoring— Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Analytical Thinking— Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Integrity— Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.