The Maintenance Manager will lead all Maintenance Technicians in their assigned FirstKey Homes markets. This role will ensure that resident service requests are completed correctly, timely and with quality. The Maintenance Manager will demonstrate and lead a team that provides exceptional customer service.
- Manage the Service Department to provide outstanding customer service and timely resolution to resident requests and home issues.
- Oversee Maintenance Technicians and vendors to ensure the best possible outcome on service requests, residents are highly satisfied, and expenses stay within stated company targets.
- Monitor and manage response times, resident satisfaction and the overall productivity and efficiency of Maintenance Technicians and vendors within their portfolio.
- Oversee the daily call assignments and logistics for their team.
- Review requests to use third party vendors and approves when appropriate. Review vendor pricing and approve invoices for completed work.
- Train team on newly developed processes and procedures. Educate and promote property repair best practices. Coordinate skills and trade-based training for associates as needed.
- Monitor cost control of service orders and ensure that all maintenance related tasks stay within budget.
- Help answer Maintenance Technicians technical questions and concerns.
- Follow-up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed and resolves issues with dissatisfied customers.
- Track work orders and report accurate updates.
- Comply with all applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as ensures all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety laws.
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Supervise staff, set goals and hold associates and vendors accountable for results.
- Develop team members and identify areas of succession planning for team members.
- Ensure associates have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance.
- Track employee training and ensure required training is completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee performance management of personnel which includes: performance reviews, creating corrective actions, mentoring, development and performance improvement plans.
- Reinforce workplace safety standards and practices, to create a culture where safety is upheld.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of progressive construction management experience
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with reviewing and understanding cost estimates and scopes of work
- Experience managing multiple contractors/crews at various locations within a given geographic area
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership role
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with residential property management or residential construction
- Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
- Field work and hands on training with direct reports.
- Work flexible hours which may include weekends and evenings to meet resident needs.